Pilates ITC’s operational structure consists of an Australia-wide team of Pilates ITC Educators who facilitate course delivery in “host”, Instructor Training Studios (ITS). Our Students’ on-the-job learning requirement is dually supported by ITS affiliates and a network of Work Placement Studios (WPS) to ensure equity of access to high-quality learning environments. (The best of the best – naturally!)
What’s involved –
THE PILATES CAMPUS.
Our Instructor Training Studios (ITS) are the heart of our Students’ in-person learning experience. This is where they go for “Contact Sessions” including:
- Course Delivery (compulsory): the nuts and bolts of the course work – theory, principles, repertoire.
- Practical Assessments (compulsory).
- Written Assessments (according to State or Territory).
- Work Placement (compulsory).
- Self-Mastery (compulsory).
- Teaching Clinics (optional).
It is also where they can go to meet with their Educators, other Students; seek support and grow connections. This is where many of our Students fall in love with the Pilates Method!
What are the benefits –
Instructor Training Studios (ITS) are employed in paid, host agreements to secure space and reimburse access to their Studio(s). The ITS benefits scheme also includes:
- 50% OFF deposit on any undergraduate (articulation) or postgraduate (Advanced Diploma) qualifications: for all ITS Staff.
- Priority access to Continuing Education (CE) events (before the public).
- 10% OFF Pilates ITC hosted Continuing Education events: for all ITS Staff.
- One (1) FREE Private Studio session with a Pilates ITC Educator every year: ITS Contact/Owner only.
- Access to the best and brightest Graduates for recruitment! (You get the pick of the bunch!)
- Access to mentoring opportunities within the Pilates ITC network.
- Cross promotion for select events that are relevant to the Student or Affiliate cohort.
- Listing on the Pilates ITC website.
- Sharing/profiling on the Pilates ITC social media channels, in blogs, and YouTube.
- Recruitment/job alert listing on Student channels: email and Student Forum.
How can I become an ITS –
Our Training Studios are among the best in the Pilates business. They are considered and recruited by Pilates ITC Directors, Frances Cahill and Suzanne Newby, according to the demands of our education products in each State and Territory.
Successful ITS perform against criterion including, but not limited to:
- State or Territory demand: Student numbers, number of intakes, frequency of intakes.
- Capacity: space for Matwork, Reformer and Studio.
- Quality of facilities and equipment.
- Availability on set course dates.
- Staff qualifications.
- Safety record and commitment.
- Membership of the industry body (PAA)*.
- General cultural alignment prioritising quality Pilates Education in Australia.
- Demonstrated commitment to Continuing Education (CE) within their business, and;
- Operational considerations: the ability to service the necessary time, supervision, and administrative requirements of hosting Students.
- A desire to be part of our National network and play a super important role in our operations!
Our home base Studios are among the best in the Pilates business.
Their participation is essential to our ability to provide Students with an enriching, in-person learning experience. While we only appoint new Instructor Training Studios in response to demand and or emergency situations, we always welcome expressions of interest.
If this appeals to you, please complete the form below and we will be in touch to explore this some more, shortly.