DIPLOMA OF PROFESSIONAL PILATES INSTRUCTION 10537NAT
The Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction is an entry-level qualification for the Pilates industry. This course is a nationally endorsed and accredited program that provides participants with the knowledge and skills required to competently instruct the Pilates Method of exercise in a professional or specialised studio environment.
Employment after graduation
Graduates of the Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction will find employment in Pilates studios, health centres, fitness centres, community centres and Allied Health centres as a Pilates Instructor of the highest calibre.
The Diploma in Pilates will enable you to perform the following:
Graduates will be well versed in the science of human movement as well as adaptations to given situations and have the creativity to apply solutions in a range of circumstances according to the needs or of each individual. They will be able to teach comprehensive Pilates Studio work on all apparatus, with strategies for tailored programming and structured exercise selection for a range of client requirements.
The Diploma Course subjects include:
- History, Concepts and Principles of the Pilates Method
- Exercise planning and programming
- Postural analysis and appraisal
- Applied correction of faulty posture and postural dysfunction
- Client management, assessment and instructing techniques
- Work Health and Safety and legal requirements within the Pilates Industry
- Methods of communication in dealing with clients and colleagues
- Adult learning and instructional techniques for one-on-one and groups
- Interactions and referrals with other health care professionals
- Systematic approaches to Pilates Studio and Matwork programming
- Pilates exercise for special conditions
- Work Ethics and professional development
- Pilates repertoire for Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair, Barrels and Small Apparatus from introductory to intermediate levels
What’s next after the diploma?
Many students enjoy going straight to work in the Pilates industry after graduating with their Diploma. Others choose to immediately resume their studies and complete the Advanced Diploma of The Pilates Method. The choice is yours – it simply depends on your lifestyle, commitments and career aspirations.
Government Accreditation Standards
This course is nationally recognised under the Australia Quality Training Framework. Pilates International is a government Registered Training Organisations (RTO No. 40941)
Fast Track Your Career with the Intensive Course Delivery
The intensive course delivery format provides a fast track block delivery completion of the Matwork and Diploma courses so that you can get your career underway.
This format includes over four times the usual contact delivery time with course facilitators and an escalated schedule for all learning and assessment components. And we are ready to help you!
For information specific to the Intensive Course Delivery format, download this Information pack.
Course fees and payment plans
Course fees include, all student manuals and online materials, attendance at scheduled contact days, student clinics, up to two attempts at any one assessment, and where required assistance with placement for work experience.
Additional costs include, practicum intensives, supervised workouts, purchasing required texts, student member ship with industry body, private tutorials, personal extras, sundries, travel and accommodation (if required), and assessment re-sit fee after two attempts at any one assessment.