ADVANCED DIPLOMA OF THE PILATES METHOD 10538NAT
The Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method (10538NAT) is an advanced level course that provides the practical skills and scientific knowledge to become a practitioner, health care advisor or therapist in the field of Pilates. It extends the skills and knowledge you have gained in the Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction (10537NAT).
This course has been developed to provide vocational training for the more senior and experienced Pilates Practitioner working with at-risk clientele, whilst carrying out studio management roles and supervision of staff.
The Advanced Diploma will enable you to:
- Manage a Pilates studio practice, with responsibility for both supervising and managing staff as well as self care and mentoring of others.
- Work with medical or allied health professionals in programs related to injury rehabilitation and underlying pathologies.
- Work closely with at-risk clients in referral with allied health professionals.
- Lead and instruct Pilates exercise for individuals and groups with musculoskeletal impairments.
- Lead and instruct Pilates exercise for specialist/elite conditioning clientele.
When to study the Advanced Diploma
Many students elect to work in the Pilates industry after graduating with their Diploma before resuming their studies and completing the Advanced Diploma, while others move directly from the Diploma into the Advanced Diploma, exiting with a practitioner status and higher industry standing.
The Advanced Diploma articulates directly to BA Exercise Physiology & Rehabilitation or the BA Sports Coaching and Exercise Science with the University of Canberra.
What will I learn?
The Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method is made up of endorsed competencies from the Health and Community Services Training Packages, as well as specialised Pilates units of competency developed by PilatesITC.
The course includes advanced anatomy and physiology with application of advanced knowledge, including Pre-Pilates and Pilates specific repertoire, to systems of the body, the study of low to moderate level musculoskeletal injuries and conditions, programming strategies for low to moderate risk client conditions and injuries, programming strategies for rehabilitation of in depth musculoskeletal injuries, critical analysis of research relevant to the Pilates method as an allied health modality.
The course also includes:
- The knowledge and skills required for managing and administering a Pilates studio or healthcare practice, maintaining personal health and awareness, and providing mentoring support to colleagues.
- Late-intermediate to advanced level repertoire on the Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair, High Barrel, Spine Corrector and Low Barrels, Ped-a-pul, Matwork, and all Small Apparatus. Including programming applications for the studio and matwork environments.
Units of competency
|ADVANCED DIPLOMA OF THE PILATES METHOD|
|HLTCOM406C||Make referrals to other health care professionals when appropriate|
|HLTCOM503D||Manage a practice|
|HLTCOM502C||Develop professional expertise|
|HLTSHU509C||Maintain personal health and awareness as a professional responsibility|
|CHCORG428A||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|CHCORG627B||Provide mentoring support to colleagues|
|PILSPE602B||Provide exercise for Pilates clients with special conditions|
|PILREH602B||Deliver Pilates method strategies for musculoskeletal rehabilitation|
|PILPRE601B||Instruct pre-Pilates repertoire for musculoskeletal rehabilitation|
|PILMAT604B||Plan and instruct a late intermediate Pilates matwork class|
|PILREF604B||Instruct the Pilates studio late intermediate Reformer repertoire|
|PILCWB601B||Instruct the Pilates studio late intermediate Cadillac, Small Apparatus, Wunda Chair and Barrels repertoire|
How is the course delivered?
The Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method (10538NAT) is delivered through a combination of directed distance learning, off-the-job contact, on-the-job professional work experience, and self-directed learning, which can be broken down as follows:
- Directed Distance Learning: online, workbooks and assessment tasks)
- 2-day face-to-face workshop, 9am-5pm each day
- 2 online workshops
- Work experience: 200 hours of on-the-job practical observation and teaching. These are commonly divided between 50 observation and 150 teaching/assisting hours.
- Self-Directed Learning: includes self review and self mastery. For self-mastery (own workouts) students are required to maintain a schedule of a minimum of 1 supervised session per week for the duration of the course.
Participants can choose to complete the course on a Part Time basis over 18-24 months or Full Time over 12-18 months.
How is the course assessed?
All courses are assessed through a variety of methods in alignment with the principles of competency-based training. This will include practical teaching demonstrations, written assignments, projects and case studies, and online exams. More detailed information regarding assessments will be provided upon enrolment. Note: students studying the standard delivery will need to have access to recording/videoing equipment for practical teaching demonstrations.
What are the entry requirements?
Minimum pre-requisites and requirements for entry into this course are the Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction (10537NAT), or demonstrated equivalent.
This course does not contain limitations on access and equity, however, PilatesITC reserves the right to refuse an application if there is reasonable evidence to suggest that the applicant is physically incapable of carrying out the normal requirements of Pilates training practice.
For delivery dates for all PilatesITC courses see our Training Schedule
Course fees and payment plans
Course fees include, all student manuals and online materials, attendance at scheduled contact days, student clinics, up to two attempts at any one assessment, and where required assistance with placement for work experience.
Additional costs include, practicum intensives, supervised workouts, purchasing required texts, student member ship with industry body, private tutorials, personal extras, sundries, travel and accommodation (if required), and assessment re-sit fee after two attempts at any one assessment.
Government Accreditation Standards
This course is nationally recognised under the Australian Quality Training Framework. PilatesITC Pty Ltd is a government Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 40941)